Play an active role in shaping our future!
UPC, a leading TV and broadband provider, grants two million households in Switzerland access to the world of entertainment. The company belongs to the Liberty Global Group and inspires and impresses employees and customers alike with innovative products and services. It connects people to the digital world and enables them to discover and experience its endless possibilities.
To strengthen our SimplyDigital DataHub team in Wallisellen, we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person who can begin either immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be performing the following activities:
- Understands the dynamics of processing NRT data and the front end traffic and be proactive in making suggestions in terms of data architecture that may deliver extra value to the current front end architecture
- Closely works with architects and ensures that the data architecture fits well into the enterprise architecture
- Understands the business data needs and perform data analysis to meet business requirements, providing a commercially relevant interpretation of the key insights
- Ensures delivery meets standards, specifications, is compliant with security, data privacy and all other legal requirements of data maintenance
- Implements best practices and reviews processes to improve the quality of the deliverables
- Develops and maintains standard patterns for data layers, data stores, and utility data management processes (e.g. data movement, data integration) for application across the enterprise
- Implement best practices, optimization strategies and review processes to improve the quality of the deliverables
- Work closely with the Data hub designers, architects, E2E design and developments Teams
- Work with key stakeholders from across the business to ensure that the solutions fits the data architecture blueprint
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of Sciences
- 9+ years’ experience in data architecture or related field
- Excellent knowledge in programming languages and technologies (e.g. PL/SQL, Unix, R, Python, Elastic Search)
- Excellent technical understanding and delivery capabilities within a data organization
- Strong data analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of data quality standards, data interrogation and manipulation skills
- Good understanding in data modelling (3NF, dimensional models, data vault, etc.)
- Priority will be given to candidates who can communicate in German
At UPC you will be working in an exciting and dynamic international work environment. We can offer you an attractive salary, good benefits and the opportunity to develop within the company. Take the opportunity to play an active role in shaping the future of television, internet and telephony in Switzerland. We are looking forward to receiving your complete online application.