Play an active role in shaping our future!
UPC, a leading TV and broadband provider, grants two million households in Switzerland access to the world of entertainment. The company belongs to the Liberty Global Group and inspires and impresses employees and customers alike with innovative products and services. It connects people to the digital world and enables them to discover and experience its endless possibilities.
Senior Controller Budget Management & Sourcing
To strengthen our CIO Strategy team in Wallisellen, we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person who can begin either immediately or by agreement. In this role you will be performing the following activities:
- Preparation, analysis and interpretation of monthly, quarterly, annual and key performance reports to support management decisions
- Coordination and support of the responsible persons with budgeting and forecasts under observance of policies and schedules, including compliance enforcement, risk identification, expenditure monitoring, reporting accuracy in conjunctions with the finance department
- Manage & oversee the delivery of projects necessary to execute on the defined partner management strategies. This includes requirements gathering, business case development, technology selection, project management, implementation, end user adoption and governance.
- Advising management on operational and strategic topics in financial and business Terms
- Development and optimisation of controlling instruments in cross-divisional projects
- Acting as main contact and sparring partner of the responsible Business Unit Lead
- Ongoing review of business cases and expected profitability
- Coordination and support of the responsible persons in day to day operational issues and solve escalations, reparation, analysis and interpretation of periodical key performance reports to support management decisions, ongoing review of quality and cost and proposing measures for improvement
For the position of a Senior Controller within the CIO department, we are looking for a result-driven and confident individual with engineering background (BSc) and a track record of 5+ years in IT or Telecommunications industries. Further education in Business Administration or practical experience in financial controlling would be a distinct.
- Strong understanding of financial planning and budgeting and strong rational and analytical skills
- Experience across all IT functional areas and Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals and corporate finance
- Experienced in ERP usage
- Ability to engage internal Business Partners and team members at all levels of the organization and can present ideas and concepts to executive leaders.
- Proven track record of developing and driving finance instruments for a CIO unit
- Fluent in English and German
- Good communication and presentation skills
At UPC you will be working in an exciting and dynamic international work environment. We can offer you an attractive salary, good benefits and the opportunity to develop within the company. Take the opportunity to play an active role in shaping the future of television, internet and telephony in Switzerland. We are looking forward to receiving your complete online application.